Wednesday 14 December 2011

Nduja and Potato hash

Another great SFTW recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago. Living in a small town, I was never going to get my hands on the nduja so simply substituted with chorizo.

Serves 4

300g / 10oz  waxy new potatoes boiled and cooled
2 tbsn vegetable oil
1 onion sliced
75g / 30z nduja / chorizo
1 red chilli chopped
200g / 7oz Serrano ham chopped
1 tbsn capers
100g / 4oz butter
8 large free range eggs
parsley to serve

Heat oil in a large frying pan ( I used a paella pan ) and fry onion on a medium heat until soft and golden brown.
Add chilli and chorizo and cook for three minutes.
Add Serrano ham and cook for a further three minutes.
Add potatoes, capers and butter and cook until potatoes are golden.
Make little holes in mix and break an egg into each space.
When eggs  are cooked, serve with crusty bread and a green salad.

I didn't photograph this but there is a lovely photo as part of the link above!

This is dead easy and the recipe does call for using two pans but luckily I had one pan large enough.

Debs

No comments:

Post a Comment