I made these just before Christmas, during a marathon cooking day. They're super easy and taste amazing. Once out of the oven, they didn't last the day!
Thanks to TheJovialOne @ Instructables.com for the following recipe:
3 cups raw almonds
1 egg white
1 tspn vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 brow sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 120c
2. Add the vanilla extract to the egg white, and beat to just before soft peaks.
3. Place the sugar, salt and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl.
4. Now mix the almonds with the egg whites and spread them evenly on a grease proof paper lined baking tray.
5. Liberally sprinkle the sugar/salt/cinnamon, making sure to cover all the almonds. Reserve some mixture, about 1/5of the total, for stage 7.
6. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Take out and shake the almonds about, making sure they're not sticking. Take the rest of the mixture you reserved and sprinkle on those parts with patches. Now place back in the oven and cook for a further 55 minutes.
8. I used a metal spatula to get all the almonds off the paper, and left them in a bowl to cool down (about 10 minutes).